Takehisa Yumeji Museum
Yumeji Takehisa (竹久 夢二, 1884-1934), born in Okayama prefecture, was a painter, print artist, poet, writer, bookbinder and illustrator. He is considered a representative figure of the Taisho era (1912–26), combining Western romanticism with Japanese styles. He is known foremost for his illustrations of bijin, beautiful women and girls, though he also produced a wide variety of works including book covers, serial newspaper illustrations, postcards, and other washi paper goods.
The Takehisa Yumeji Museum (竹久夢二美術館) which was opened in 1990, houses collections of Yumeji’s works owned by lawyer and curator Takumi Kano, and is located in Hongo, Tokyo (Yumeji stayed in Kikuhuji Hotel which is near the museum).
The building houses also the Yayoi Museum.
The museum is a 7-minute walk from Nezu Station (Chiyoda Line, Exit 1).
Photos: Junko Nagata © Japanbyweb.com