Honmaru Goten of Kawagoe Castle
Kawagoe Castle (Kawagoe-jō) was the base of Kawagoe Domain (the feudal domain under the Tokugawa shogunate of Edo period). It is located in the city of Kawagoe, Saitama Prefecture.
It was built in 1457 by Oogigayatsu Uesugi Mochitomo. In 1639, Tokugawa Shogunate leader and Kawagoe feudal domain master Matsudaira Nobutsuna implemented a large scale construction project to expand Kawagoe Castle. After the Meiji Restoration, Honmaru Goten was torn down and what remains today is only one part of what was reconstructed in 1848 – the entrance and the main hall used as waiting rooms for feudal lords who came on missions.
It is 10 minutes walk from Kita-in Temple.